German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I think they turned out pretty good. Its been a rough time trying to get those ears to stand, but they do! We are still watching them closely during the end of the teething stage though just to be safe. Here's a couple of pictures. Sorry for the quality. I used my phone cause I didn't want to mess with the camera right now. Enjoy!

I'll update this thread with some better ones tomorrow if the weather is nice.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
well its about time!!! darn difficult ears!!! They look great!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! We put a lot of blood sweat and tears into making those stand! Lol

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
He's probably thrilled to not have taped up ears all the time too.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have no idea..he's not giving us the stink eye constantly anymore.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
You have no idea..he's not giving us the stink eye constantly anymore.

he's put aside his plans for your torture/demise... just as long as he can't find someone else to feed him lol.

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
THAT is a gorgeous crop job!! Very impressed. You plan on showing him?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Very nice! I'm sure if Daine could talk he would tell you that they were worth it :D

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Gorgeous!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Awesome! =)

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
What a handsome boy. You and he got through this very well. Ok he may still have plans. Think belly rubs and steak treats and he will forget completely about the ear phase.;)

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Wow awesome job, Ive seen so many botched Dobe ears and it looks terrible, but his are absolutely amazing! He is such a handsome boy! :)

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
:eek:

Who is that impressive looking dog, and what happened to da cute widdle puppeee?

You need to post a before pic!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
and here are the better ones I promised:

·
Registered
883 Posts
Such a cute dobie! Ears are looking great!

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Wow! Now THAT is how the ears are supposed to be done!!! Absolutely perfect ears!!

Beautiful dog you have there!

·
Registered
723 Posts
They look pretty good. How long have they been out of posts? Also, how old is he, and is he done teething? The general rule is "post until you think they are done, then post another week". Most Dobes need to be posted until they are done teething (6 to 7 months of age). Keep an eye on them, and at the first sign they are not as straight, or start to feel "soft" put them back in posts. Is just the tips start to droop, you can use breath-rite strips.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
That is seriously one of the best crops I've seen on a dobie in a very long time. Love the pics outside!!! Future dog is a black and tan male cropped and docked dobie. Hard to believe that little puppy turned into such a handsome older puppy!

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Sometimes I forget how much I like Dobes, then I get to see such a beautiful one:) Very nice looking boy!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts