German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everyone. I've been lurking here for about a year now, mostly only making posts when I was in a panic about something and the vet wasn't readily accessible.

So here's the scoop:

I'm a graduate student of geekery (getting my PhD in microbiology and immunology) living in Philly with my soon-to-be husband (also a graduate student of geekery).

We have one fur-child, a 2 year old GSD named Sasha. Sasha's original owner abandoned her right after she turned 1. He kenneled her at a vet clinic, said he'd be back in a week, and never returned for her. We don't really understand why, because she's the sweetest, funniest, most incredible pooch. I guess it all worked out though, because the three of us are very happy together. In the last year, Sasha has gone from being anxious and skittish to jumping up on the bed as soon as we wake up, flopping belly-side-up, and insisting on belly rubs. She is hilarious and certainly basks in adoration.

I've had dogs all my life, but never a GSD, and my fiancé had never owned a dog before. Having a dog around was nothing new for me, but having a young, VERY energetic, very intelligent working dog was definitely a learning experience for us both. Hubby has taken to teaching Sasha lots of tricks, which they both enjoy.

So...there's my intro! Looking forward to seeing ya'll on the boards. :)

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Welcome to you and Sasha! :)

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey there everyone. I've been lurking here for about a year now, mostly only making posts when I was in a panic about something and the vet wasn't readily accessible.

So here's the scoop:

I'm a graduate student of geekery (getting my PhD in microbiology and immunology) living in Philly with my soon-to-be husband (also a graduate student of geekery).

We have one fur-child, a 2 year old GSD named Sasha. Sasha's original owner abandoned her right after she turned 1. He kenneled her at a vet clinic, said he'd be back in a week, and never returned for her. We don't really understand why, because she's the sweetest, funniest, most incredible pooch. I guess it all worked out though, because the three of us are very happy together. In the last year, Sasha has gone from being anxious and skittish to jumping up on the bed as soon as we wake up, flopping belly-side-up, and insisting on belly rubs. She is hilarious and certainly basks in adoration.

I've had dogs all my life, but never a GSD, and my fiancé had never owned a dog before. Having a dog around was nothing new for me, but having a young, VERY energetic, very intelligent working dog was definitely a learning experience for us both. Hubby has taken to teaching Sasha lots of tricks, which they both enjoy.

So...there's my intro! Looking forward to seeing ya'll on the boards. :)
Welcome! I am new here too.
GSD's are the best dogs/companions. Once you have one you'll never want any other dog! LOL
My husband has said when our 2 are dead and gone there will be no more dogs...I said well then you will have to find someplace else to live because I will always, always have a GSD in my life. I can't imagine my life without a GSD.
Welcome again...the people here are really nice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts