German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I practice with Harley chasing his ball. Eventually I will get it right, but in the meantime I will enjoy what I have. I think I am getting better, but I won't show you all the yucky photos. One day I will get beautiful photos like the lovely photographers on here, I will keep practicing till I get it perfect.

·
Banned
1,011 Posts
Nice looking dog, the 2nd picture you definitely got right. Great shot.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Good job :). It helps when you have a great subject ;)

Which DSLR did you choose? I just got mine in January and ended up picking a Nikon D3200

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
Jealous. I am still shooting with D40x. Old school DSLR in the HOWWWSE. LOL. But I love it.

I need a macro lens and honestly a faster 55-300. But fit what I do. It works!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is only a Canon Ti3, but it is a great first Dslr and very reasonable price. IF I ever grow out of this camera I will think about an upgrade, but this is a lot to learn for a newbie and great fun!
Oh, and it was shot with the 55-300 lens.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Love #2! Beautiful picture! I have the Nikon D5000 and it works great for action dog pictures. This is one of my favorites of Minka coming out of a creek, fetching a stick I threw out for her.

Very nice. I'm looking forward to warm weather here to get all these great shots. Our pond is still frozen, and at this rate will be till mid summer.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Mine is only a Canon Ti3, but it is a great first Dslr and very reasonable price. IF I ever grow out of this camera I will think about an upgrade, but this is a lot to learn for a newbie and great fun!
Oh, and it was shot with the 55-300 lens.
That is a fine camera. I have the D5000 as well and your Cannon is newer and probably better. Its not the camera anymore if you have that, its the quality of your lens that is important. A good lens makes all the difference. And Cannons lenses are far more reasonable than Nikon.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I like number 2.
Which "mode" are you shooting on?
Try zooming out a bit, ie closer to 55 but not so far that you need to crop a ton, and try shooting in burst mode.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I'd like to offer a tip for shooting action:

Put your camera's auto focus in <C> (continuous mode). Doing so, will allow you to hold the shutter button halfway down, while the camera continuously focuses on the subject.... as it's moving.
Your job would be to hold the button, while following your dog with your camera, and just fire away.
For some added fun, put your camera on continuous shooting too.

You may take 25 pictures in 2 minutes, and get that ONE you want.

Good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts