German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we finally brought home Duke last night. Have been waiting sinse Febuary :). He's a black/red handsome 8 week old.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
What a cutie! I have about two weeks before mine comes home. I've been waiting since Feb. 14 myself!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
what a cutie! congrats!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
So so so CUTE! He reminds me a lot of my dog at that age, he looked very similar! I like the picture of him licking the egg :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone! Brought him home last night. Had an AMAZING night. Tonight I think is going to be a bit harder. Turned into the little terror of a puppy we were expecting. We will see :) he's worth it :)

The one with him licking the egg is also my favorite!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So how the heck do you wear out an 8 week old? He won't really walk, we won't really play with toys for more than 30 seconds. Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
So how the heck do you wear out an 8 week old? He won't really walk, we won't really play with toys for more than 30 seconds. Suggestions?
He's adorable. Just let him be a puppy. Explore different places, sounds, flooring in and around your home and yard. Play for short bursts. At 8 weeks he will still sleep a lot. You can do little things like put his food by the vacuum turned on so he learns to not care about the noise. Teach him his name and to follow you around with treats/food. Etc. he should tire out pretty easy at this age.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So not getting too much sleep. He's waking us up about every hour to two hours to go out for pee. He's really good at waking us up though so that's good.

Right now, he's whining a little and putting his paws on the crate to wake us, should we continue to take him out every time he wakes us up? I'm just worried he'll get to the point were he knows that's how he gets out attention... We make sure to give him no attention when we take him out. He goes out, goes pee and then he's taken right back upstairs to his crate.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
omg... adorable overload!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Neko. I hope we can bring him to the beach one day like you did with Zeus. Looks like so much fun!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well you will have snow for him to play in while we down here in the FL only have hot sand lol
Haha this is true! I can't wait for the first time he sees snow. That will be fun.

Right now he's on the floor in a barking match with a water bottle. He's not sure what it is haha

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got so hot out yesterday he was having a hard time with it so we put the AC on. Well didn't he find the best, coolest spot he could.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts