German Shepherds Forum banner

Finally Did It!

882 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  DSudd 
#1 ·
Last night we took Apollo for his first walk, I didnt want to take him to far (we probably did about 1/3 - 1/2 mile with him). He was jogging (trying to keep up with Rocky) just about the whole way. Anyways, we get back home, and they rest for about 5 minutes, and then DH takes them outside to play while he was swimming. Of course they were running and playing with each other, while Rocky was playing fetch. Apollo also went for a short swim before we brought him in. He followed me upstairs to lay on the bathroom floor. (The AC vent is his spot). He started licking his paw and crying. All of a sudden I hear him running and crashing into the divider in his crate.

I walked over to the crate to check on him, and he was scrunched up in the corner. This was new for him, so I called DH and I told him we need to check Apollo and make sure he didnt step on something outside, he was acting weird. We both checked his paws and couldnt see anything, so we put him down, and he started turning in circles, before he ran right back to his crate. That is when it finally hit us, we had finally tired him out and he just wanted to go to bed. LOL

I am actually surprised he lasted as long as he did. He also slept all night long too.

#4 ·
LOL I know that but now I have figured it out. I have never seen him so tired.

Chevy we have not had any problems with Apollo sleeping most of the night. I think we have had to get up with him 3 times in the month that we have had him. If we take him out before bed he will normally go 7 hours at night without a problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.