German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meet Dakota. 8 week old female. I absolutely love her personality. As soon as I put her in my arms yesterday morning to go home she was licking my face and just happy. She was a little scared (or sad) in the car ride home which was 2 hours. After about 15 minutes of crying she just fell asleep in my arms. Since then she has been a bundle of joy. Eating plenty, drinking plenty, playing with her toys and she absolutely loves people. Goes right up to them with confidence. She is definitely getting to know her name already. She sits all the time when she wants something without me even asking. I am currently teaching her to sit on command which she is learning fast. I have her at school with me..tomorrow she gets to meet my parents bernese mountain dogs that she will always be around since I move back home like this week. She also slept pretty much through the whole night. Heres some pics :)

Also..I haven't heard her bark once since I have had her and its almost been two days. Outside she sees and hears cars and lots of people but she won't bark. Doesn't even whine. When she sees somebody playing with a ball she kist sits and watches. I hope her quietness is normal

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
:congratulations: She is precious!!

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Congratulations, she's adorable!

Looks like you're feeding grocery store brand dog food? You should read up on kibble--that kind has lots of stuff in it that's not good for your puppy. There are better options out there.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Enjoy the quiet and calmness while it lasts... cos it doesn't stick around ;)
My boy came home at 8 weeks... first 1-2 weeks he was pretty quiet and reserved... he's now 14 weeks and barks, answers back, tears around the house and only sits still for 5 minutes!! :wub:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congratulations, she's adorable!

Looks like you're feeding grocery store brand dog food? You should read up on kibble--that kind has lots of stuff in it that's not good for your puppy. There are better options out there.[/QUOTE It is what the breeder gave me..my brother also told me by just looking it's not the best kibble. I am going to do some research today on better food for her.

It Is what the breeder gave me. My brother also said the same thing. She said it was pedigree..I plan to do some research today and buy her better food. I just didn't want to change her food on her first day and chance her not eating. Thanks!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Gorgeous little pup :wub:

Please, please, please stay away from Pedigree and similar brands. They're full of grains and other things dogs don't need. xx :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts