German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still have no idea what exactly Mia is other than GSD because of her being from a shelter, so I've been curious how large she will end up being.

She's always been a bit on the small side when comparing to other GSDs at her age. I weighed her today and she has finally broken 50lbs at 7 months old! I'm proud of my growing puppy, she's starting to look like a lovely dog. :wub:

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I see all GSD. Fiona weighed about that much then. She is 11 months and 62 pounds now. I don't think Mia is underweight. She is on target for the standard.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see all GSD. Fiona weighed about that much then. She is 11 months and 62 pounds now. I don't think Mia is underweight. She is on target for the standard.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
That makes me feel better. I always get remarks from people when I tell them how old she is that she looks much smaller than 7 months.

I feel very lucky to have swooped her up from where she was.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Beautiful girl!! I love her so much :)

I know a German Shepherd that is around 55 lbs, and she is nothing out of the ordinary. Small side of the spectrum, yes, but she still is within standard. Trent's dam is around 60 lbs and my ideal size.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She's adorable. I like the last pick - she looks like she has her beauty on display.
That ledge separates the two levels of our yard. That's been her permanent hang out spot since she realized she could get up there. I'll come home and she'll be perched up on that ledge looking over the gate at me.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Pretty girl! My male is 8 months old and he is only 63lbs, he was in the 50lb range at 7 months and he is definitely all GSD so I think that weight is perfectly normal. :)

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
In the first picture the dog actually looks a little too well covered , a little on the thick side . For a healthy long life you want good lean athletic condition . Instead of adding on pounds I would be exercising her to cut a few .
Looks like a very nice dog . Love her expression and the regal pose on the wall .

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In the first picture the dog actually looks a little too well covered , a little on the thick side . For a healthy long life you want good lean athletic condition . Instead of adding on pounds I would be exercising her to cut a few .
Looks like a very nice dog . Love her expression and the regal pose on the wall .
She's got a rather thick chest (which makes her look pretty chunky from the front), but she has very little fat on her. We take her out a couple miles at least twice a day, and play with her in the yard/pool often throughout the day.

·
Registered
53 Posts
She's so pretty!! My gsd is seven months and 40lbs. She had parvo though and, lost a ton of weight and she had to gain it all back. She's doing great a few months later but is growing like mad right now. 7lbs in under four weeks. Poor little thing has growing pains and all. I'm jealous! I'd love for Vandy to hit fifty pounds :) love the pics

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I can tell you she's 100% pure adorable!! So cute!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
She's very cute. Her weight looks fine to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts