German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find the doggy nail clippers anywhere. I've been wanting to get a dremmel anyway...so this is just a nice push

But, Reich's front nails were just a bit too long and rough. It was really bothering me.

Anyone else file their dogs nails....with and actual human file that comes with a manicure kit? Not even a metal one LOL

I swear, she has to be the most tolerant dog on earth. She laid there, watched me file away and talk to her as if I was in a salon doing a manicure.

They still need some length trimmed...but they're much nicer and rounder now

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Hmmm, I can't actually get Riddick to hold still, it takes two people to hold him down and another one to cut, so I just run him so that his nails get worn down on their own that seems to do the trick. But with my little girl, I might have to try your manicure kit idea!!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I have used a file after clipping my dogs' nails and they seem to actually relax while I do it.

However, since I now use the dremel that is no longer necessary. The dremel leaves a nice smoth finish on the nail.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm so looking forward to having a dremmel!

Her nails typically seem to 'self maintain', but for some reason they hit a growth spurt or something...all I could hear was 'clack clack clack' all through the house.

At first she did want to eat the file....but when I told her 'No, Stay', she actually did..and just relaxed.

She's suprisingly trusting. She's on antibiotics and an anti inflammatory for infected bee stings (she can't resist anything that flies), and will just take her pills by hand. Don't have to hide them in food or anything. She's spoiling me rotten...when I eventually add the next pup I have a feeling I'm going to be ripping my hair out LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts