German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GSD will be 3 in March. We moved to a raw diet as a pup. He initially loved it. However, it's become a battle to get him to eat. The fight is w/boney meat (turkey necks, chicken hind quarters, chicke backs).

At first I thought I would just provide the food & if he didn't eat w/in 10 - 15 minutes take it back up. But he is content going without.

We quit giving him all of his food together because he would eat everything but the boney meat. Thought if we saved the other it might be like a treat for eating the boney.

We're having a hard time putting/keeping weight on him now. I have a vet appointment scheduled to make sure there's nothing wierd going on (my vet supports raw feeding).

Any thoughts on getting him to eat the boney meat? Suggestions on other meat to try?

I'm almost to the point to go to kibble.:help:

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any suggestions on other RMB to try? I've read through the diets and looks like the other main RMB is pork neck bones.

By not feeding actual RMB and adding calcium does that cause loose stool?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.