German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was field trip day today for Rollo - he was such a good boy. We went to the doctors office, chipotle, CVS, and then Avila university!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Handsome Rollo behaved so well. I think his favorite stop was at Chipotle :)

·
Registered
863 Posts
How are y'all able to bring your dogs into these places like Chipotle and CVS and other shops without being asked to leave? CVS isn't a pet-friendly store. And Chipotle is a restaurant. Most restaurants don't allow dogs in where food is served unless otherwise specified. I remember someone said Home Depot. I looked it up and yes, they allow dogs. (Pet stores, airports, etc.) But most places don't allow dogs inside its establishments unless they're service dogs like seeing eye dogs.

·
Registered
330 Posts
“And Chipotle is a restaurant. Most restaurants don't allow dogs in where food is served unless otherwise specified.”

Here in Tucson many restaurants and cafes allow well-behaved pet dogs on their patios. Some even provide water bowls, and a few will let you order food for your dog, too.

·
Super Moderator
5,124 Posts
“And Chipotle is a restaurant. Most restaurants don't allow dogs in where food is served unless otherwise specified.”

Here in Tucson many restaurants and cafes allow well-behaved pet dogs on their patios. Some even provide water bowls, and a few will let you order food for your dog, too.
Maryland as well. The law is that they CAN allow dogs on the patio but they don't Have To.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How are y'all able to bring your dogs into these places like Chipotle and CVS and other shops without being asked to leave? CVS isn't a pet-friendly store. And Chipotle is a restaurant. Most restaurants don't allow dogs in where food is served unless otherwise specified. I remember someone said Home Depot. I looked it up and yes, they allow dogs. (Pet stores, airports, etc.) But most places don't allow dogs inside its establishments unless they're service dogs like seeing eye dogs.
Rollo is pretty darn well behaved, but as always if I go somewhere with Rollo and employee tells me dogs are not allowed, I always apologize and then proceed to leave. Fortunately for me, that happens very rarely-I have taken Rollo to many places such as CVS, Chipotle, Walmart, Target, etc!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Rollo is pretty darn well behaved, but as always if I go somewhere with Rollo and employee tells me dogs are not allowed, I always apologize and then proceed to leave. Fortunately for me, that happens very rarely-I have taken Rollo to many places such as CVS, Chipotle, Walmart, Target, etc!
Ok, so you don't ask permission...you seek forgiveness instead (as the saying goes). In other words you go in wherever you want, and if they ask you to leave, then you leave. So even though CVS, Walmart, and other places have a no dog/pet store policy (unless they're service animals), you go in anyway. I'm curious where you live because people just don't do that where I am. I'm not against it. I think it's great. More power to you for being able to get away with it. I live in the suburbs just outside of DC. There's no way people go in stores or restaurants with their dogs. No GSDs, no pit bulls, no Goldens,....nothing. First, the store employees would be right on my ass. And second, other customers would give me the stink eye....some would complain. When I walk my dog in the neighborhood, half the people will either cross the street or walk around me, not by me. How do you deal with the people that are afraid of dogs? You just don't care or you make an effort to walk away from them? Because it doesn't matter how well behaved your dog is, there are people who are scared of GSDs/dogs. Again, I'm not criticizing...just curious and trying to learn. I'd like to do take mine everywhere, (of course when he matures, grows out of this puppy stage, and calms down).

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, so you don't ask permission...you seek forgiveness instead (as the saying goes). In other words you go in wherever you want, and if they ask you to leave, then you leave. So even though CVS, Walmart, and other places have a no dog/pet store policy (unless they're service animals), you go in anyway. I'm curious where you live because people just don't do that where I am. I'm not against it. I think it's great. More power to you for being able to get away with it. I live in the suburbs just outside of DC. There's no way people go in stores or restaurants with their dogs. No GSDs, no pit bulls, no Goldens,....nothing. First, the store employees would be right on my ass. And second, other customers would give me the stink eye....some would complain. When I walk my dog in the neighborhood, half the people will either cross the street or walk around me, not by me. How do you deal with the people that are afraid of dogs? You just don't care or you make an effort to walk away from them? Because it doesn't matter how well behaved your dog is, there are people who are scared of GSDs/dogs. Again, I'm not criticizing...just curious and trying to learn. I'd like to do take mine everywhere, (of course when he matures, grows out of this puppy stage, and calms down).
Yup that is exactly what I do - maybe you should move because whenever I take Rollo with me employees and other customers come up and ask if they can pet him or take pictures with him! haha

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh and the "how do you deal with people afraid of your dog" question...I get that stuff all the time. I'm 6'8 about 250 lbs, so whenever I'm walking Rollo through the neighborhood people coming our way ALWAYS will pick up their dog and go to the other side of the street. As long as my dog is behaving and not doing anything to "scare people" I do not give a **** what people think about me. I'm not rude about it at all, but if the store and employees are fine with it I DO NOT GIVE A **** WHAT PEOPLE THINK ABOUT. I just really don't - I was always the goofy kid that liked to embarrass himself in front of every one - so I never really think about how strangers perceive me as long as I'm not hurting anybody. It's honestly fun for me because everywhere we go people are so happy I bring Rollo with me - people tell me on a daily basis that it brightened their day just by getting to pet Rollo for a couple of minutes. The ONLY person that gets kind of annoyed is my girlfriend - so sometimes its just me and the ole ball and chain.

Reactions: atomic
1 - 11 of 11 Posts