German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking to get a privacy fence. ( Have new neighbors that have a napoleon dog and barks everytime we come out)
Does anyone have a 8 foot fence? And do you like it or is it too tall?
Our problem is that we have a deck on our house, so we can easily see into the nieghbors 3 season room. I am just wondering if a 8' fence all around is going to look to big.
Any pictures people have would be great !!
Thanks

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
Check with your city that you can have an 8'. One of my neighbors has it and it looks silly because their yard is very small. If your yard is big, it might work.

·
Registered
932 Posts
or you can have 6 ft high with 2 ft of lattace on the top still private but decorative

·
Moderator who has gone to the dogs
14,619 Posts
My friend has 8 foot chain link and prefers the additional security. I too prefer higher but with "neighbors" I might consider the 6 foot with 2 ft of lattice for the decorative yet effective barrier.

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
Our 6 ft fence does the job. Lots of privacy and security. Although the houses in our neighborhood are ranches.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
I'd ideally love an 8ft stockade style fence, but it's unnecessary as we live on a hill and are higher than our neighbours back yards.

We have a 6ft wooden privacy right now - we do have to replace it... but it does the job. We're deciding between a chain link with hedges planted infront of it or an 8ft composite fence.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
I have a 6 ft privacy fence and that is sufficient, no one has jumped it although Max tried right after we moved in 5 years ago, he is too old now!

Kelos..... I LOVE your nice BIG yard!!!

·
Banned
2,415 Posts
Your fence and the yard are great.

However, I have met one dog, and only one, that would easily get over a six foot fence.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts