German Shepherds Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zoey is almost 15 moths old now and weighed right at 63lbs at petsmart the other day. How much more will she gain when she starts filling out? And when will she start to fill out?

Heres a photo of her now.

Zoey by Switchblade906, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Mine is 20 months and she has stayed at 68 pounds since she was a year. She is 28 inches tall, so she looks very lean, but she is healthy and that is all that counts. Mine is like a bullet, she is super fast and even though she is tall, her body does well for things like agility, which she loves. The vet says she is ideal and wouldn't push her putting to much more weight on, so 70-72 pounds is where she can be, but anything over that she would be considered over weight. So I'm thinking that since mine is super tall and the norm would be about 24-25 inch for a female, then 70 pounds would be a good weight.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Usually from 15 months to 2 and a half she could gain about 10lbs in filling out. So she may end up being 70lbs ish or so when all is said and done.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok that's good, I was hoping that she wasn't going to become one of those huge overgrown 110 ish pound GSD's

·
Registered
5 Posts
My Maggie is a rescue and is a tad over 4 years old I believe...

She weighs in at 105 pounds and not one ounce of fat... She’s very unique - golden eyes and extremely long full tail... Also long sexy legs.. lol..
A5136660-B16E-4153-BBC8-B562834B805E.jpeg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.