German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone.

I have read that the average weight of a female GSD at 4 Months is approximately 33 Pounds (15 KGs).

Delta is 4 Months today and is 44 Pounds (20KG). I have attached a photo from above for comment on potentially being overweight?

Comments welcome...

Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know anything about her parents?
(I think she looks good, not overweight).
Thanks for the reply... I agree, she doesn't seem overweight to me, but I'm certainly no expert.

I don't know much about the parents. My wife picked Delta up as a surprise gift. She tells me that she saw the mother and grandmother, who were both very large. Sorry, that doesn't help much.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Juno was 33 lbs at 4 months. She is the runt of her litter and had her biggest growth spurt between months three and four. She slowed down around 6 months. She's 29 kg/64 lbs at 14 months.

If Delta's mother and grandmother are large, then chances are....

I would not worry too much as long as the puppy is healthy and active etc.

What did the vet say?

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
It looks like Delta is going to be quite large like her mother and grandmother. She's a pretty girl.

My boy was over 50 lbs at 4 months and is now nearly 90 lbs at almost 7 months. For especially big pups, it's important to keep them as skinny as possible at this age.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have the same concerns about my girls they are much heavier than the average weight charts... the thing is, just like your girl, they arentvisually overweight.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the comments everyone. Went to the Vet today for a check up and all OK.

Official weight is 19.6KG (43.2 Pounds).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts