German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my little pt mix was. Odd for him, he usually does great. In this video I recognized it and got him into the cool truck with the fans and water then he was fine. Don't think he would have been ok for too much longer. My BF (it's technically his dog) just got him a super long rubbery long line that he is dragging, maybe the extra traction did him in. Anyway, important to watch them for signs before they tip into heat exhaustion.

Valor is in nice coat though and did great in the heat (was like 97). He played fetch for like half an hour no issue ((shrug))I brush him out most days. Still has fluffers.

He is starting to look like such an adult. His gait is looking nice too. LOVE watching a GSD run.

OH and he blew recall for the first time ever. Foxhole. He did NOT chase the fox because I shouted "platz" (he went to bolt after him after the fox jetted out the other side..crafty fox) but he was NOT coming off that hole when I called him initially. Not bolting is great and I was proud of that, but have to keep that recall solid. Time for some proofing. What are your favorite proofing methods?

I don't have the "not bolting" on video because I stopped with the phone and started walking towards him the minute he was blowing recall. This is why you never assume a dog has perfect recall until they are like over 2.

And to jump all over the place topic wise...this is an unused but for some reason maintained huge fenced in (for the most part) field. I think it will be a good place to practice tracking? I mean, there are fox holes. And gopher holes. But the actual field below is pretty much short unused grass. It is in my BF's neck of the woods though which is over an hour from me.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also wound up whipping that hard nerf fetch toy right square into my BF's face. DOHHHHH It was all slimy and slippery and I went to throw it REALLLY hard...thank God we did not decide to wet it and stick it in the freezer the night before as a nice cold fetch treat :eek:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts