German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this in the test area and think it needs to be up here:

Quote: please could someone help me. Unfortunately 2 days ago I had to take my jess to the vets as she has parvo (this happened only having had her 1 week) and I am very hopeful she will recover. I would like to know what I should feed her when she returns home. She is nearly 5 months old and very very thin. I want to help fill her out as she has had a very tough start to her little life

Edited by j and d mum (08/17/08 01:32 AM)
Hope she sees it! And hope Jess is okay soon!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Your vet should give you a food that will be easy on her/his stomache. Usually it is something like I/D or Low Residue. This is because parvo really messes up their digestive system. Ask the vet how long they should be on it and then gradually wean the puppy onto something else. let us know how things are going.

·
Registered
4 Posts
thankyou to all those who replied i unfortunately forgot my previous log in Jess is now BACK HOME where she belongs it took just over 1 week and she is now very fit and well. Thankyou for everyones help and advice very much appreciated. She has come back a new puppy and very lively and eating very well. The vet said to give her very little and often. The vets in Spain are fantastic, and not very expensive. She is very spoilt now and back where she belongs

1 - 4 of 4 Posts