German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your guys opinions about different types of food? I have seen some post saying that they NEVER feed puppy food, but when talking to my breeder she suggested feeding him puppy food. What's your opinion?

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
I am for feeding the puppy food for large breed pups. Pups have different nutritional needs than adult dogs and the large breed pups have different needs than the smaller pups.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
i've never fed puppy food. if your dog was in the wild
where would he get puppy food?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Well, if he was in the wild I'm not quite sure he'd get kibble. I feed whatever sabo will eat. Puppy food or adult food. He's picky. If he eats it I'm happy. And he seems to taste the difference between at $50 bag of food And a $40 and a $60. The more expensive the better. :/

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm feeding my puppy the wet food mixed w/ the dry food, is that ok? Cause it seems like my puppy is being picky. I had the puppy chow by purina... I wanna give her the royal canine but its too expensive.... Please let me know wet& dry food is good for my pup or not? Tnx!:help:

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Yes, a mixture of wet and dry if fine. For the kibble since you are feeding Purina, if you are not already doing so, I suggest you feed the Purina One or Purina Pro for large breed puppies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts