German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm fessing up...we've been feeding Rex (4 months old) Iams Large Breed puppy. I'm ashamed of myself. I've heard a time or two on here that there's a better alternative within that same price range. I think we're currently spending $30 for 30lbs every 2 to 3 weeks since our adult black Lab wont stay out of the puppy food. Grrrr. So I ask you - Can you give me some good alternatives that I could buy instead? And should I just switch Rex to adult food since we can't keep the adult dog from sneaking the puppy food, or is 4 months too young? :confused:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Dogfoodadvisor.com has the best advice on brands to feed your dog. I have changed all my dogs foods from reading the awful food I have been feeding them for years. I settled on Authority brand from Petsmart. It is a decent food and doesn't break me in cost either. I also have 2 older dogs that think the puppy food is for them too. Good luck!!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
32,012 Posts
Can I just say that I think it's sad that we are such food critics that we would make someone feel ashamed about what they are feeding their dogs? :(

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! And Michelle, I know...I've been brutalized by past members on here back when I started posting in '05...even got attacked for thinking some animal video was funny when others saw it as animal abuse. I guess I'm just to laid back to think everything is "bad". So I ask my questions and "adore" all the doggies on here and keep to myself mostly.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Can I just say that I think it's sad that we are such food critics that we would make someone feel ashamed about what they are feeding their dogs? :(
I know :[

1 - 6 of 6 Posts