German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I've seen alot of different comments so I am just trying to lock down some solid info.
Our puppy is 8 weeks old and full of fun and life. How often should I be feeding her?
Currently we are weening her of off Purina Puppy Chow. Using about half that and half Blue Diamond with some pumpkin mixed in (got rid of loose stools from new food).
She's eating about 1 cup three times a day. does this sound about right?

thanks for the input!

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
i fed my 9 week old pup 3 cups a day, 1 cup in the am, 1 cup noonish
and 1 cup in the pm. my pup's food always had something added to it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ditto...1 cup x3.
Big fan of Eagle Pack Holistic Select.
Mixed the dry w/ some wet. They love it and their stools are perfect and they go like clockwork.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Hi everyone,
I've seen alot of different comments so I am just trying to lock down some solid info.
Our puppy is 8 weeks old and full of fun and life. How often should I be feeding her?
Currently we are weening her of off Purina Puppy Chow. Using about half that and half Blue Diamond with some pumpkin mixed in (got rid of loose stools from new food).
She's eating about 1 cup three times a day. does this sound about right?

thanks for the input!

My breeder originally told me to just set a bowl down and let him graze. I found out the hard way that leads to A LOT of accidents. So I have been feeding 1- 1 1/2 cups twice a day. 1 in the morning, and 1 after work. It helps a little with keeping him in check. I think I am about to start feeding him at noon too...though right now he hasn't eaten AT ALL!! :eek:

·
Registered
238 Posts
I gave 1 1/2 cups (Switched from nutra to Blue LBP) with one egg in the morning, 1 cup with 1 egg around noon and 1 activia light yogurt at night. I use the kibble for training too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts