German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When do puppies usually go through the "fear phase" (at what age)? Do they normally go through this phase more than once?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
If you google it you can see there is a phase in little puppyhood and another in adolescence.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I just googled it and it says the first is between 8-11 weeks; the next between 6-14 months.

·
Registered
4,642 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Luna just had hers, I think she is done. Her big issue during her phase was trucks and cars. Today I was outside doing training with her and a car came by twice and she looked at it but didn't bolt she kept training.

·
Super Moderator
4,954 Posts
My big-boy didn't go through much of a fear phase after babyhood. My gal-dog went through her worse one right before her first heat. She has bounced back from things that bothered her but now we have a new issue. Turns out she hates the smell of ground marking paint..blue and white are the worse! Orange and Red and Yellow she ignores and she used to seek out and roll on green. It is mostly the fresh paint that bothers her. Dang, if it isn't one thing it is another. At this point I don't expect her to like it but to walk past it without trying to run past it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
14 months old and still waiting for a first fear period.

Only one thing has ever ruffled him, and just the one time. We were at a red light adjacent to a plaza. Wind was gusting bad. Suddenly he is barking and snarling like crazy in the back seat. A wacky inflatable tube man had blown down on top of a woman walking in the plaza. She was wrestling with it. We have driven past the tube man on many occasions before and since, and not a peep from him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts