German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Charlie just turned 7 months yesterday, he is a great guy....growing everyday and smart like crazy! However we have some MAJOR issues that we need advice on, let me begin by saying - he's been to puppy school, neutered at 6 months, and socialized around people and other dogs since we brought him home at 7 weeks. Lately he has been exhibiting the following disturbing behaviors - barking at children, barking and trying to bite strangers that approach him, and getting very aggressive with other dogs while playing. My husband and I are expecting and quite honestly we are very concerned that his behavior will get worse and we are putting the baby at risk for biting, etc. We have consulted with a behaviorist in our area, and have an upcoming appointment. Any advice in the meantime....I love my little guy, and just want to do what's right for him.....in my opinion his behavior seems very closely linked to fear based aggression and biting....which I don't know how to correct?!:help::help::eek:

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Smart idea contacting the behaviorist. If I were you, i'd just go about things until you can speak and meet with the behaviorist. Let him take a look at what's going on and you can go from there. For now, just keep doing what you've been doing. When is your first meeting by the way?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Has he been to the vet lately? Sometimes changes in behavior can be linked to physical issues. If he is in pain from something it could be leading to his agressive behavior.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts