German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the longest time I was guilty of just using a cheap leather leash bought from Petsmart and to my surprise it lasted 3-4 years until recently. It was a 4 ft leash and ended up being really soft but it stretched a lot. It was almost 5 ft by the time it snapped, lol.

Anyway, i have since bought a puppy leash from Leerburg when I got my GSD pup and I still use it on her even though she's almost a year old. It seems strong enough and I don't like the feel of thick leashes in my hand. It's getting pretty worn out though and think it's time for a new one. i'm debating between ordering from leerburg or rayallen.com anybody have personal preference? Cost isn't so much an issue as quality. If a leather leash will last me a good 10 years or so then it's worth the money. I have 3 dogs so leads take a bit of abuse in my house.

I've also tried the petco leashes and surprisingly enough those arent bad they just take awhile to soften up and the Weaver deerskin leads soften up really nice as well. I've also gone to feed stores and bought horse reins and had them turned into leashes, you end up getting 2 out of the deal and they are nice but not always 6ft exactly.

I was just wondering what other people prefered.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I can't help you with those. I am partial to the ones from fordogtrainers.com

·
Registered
377 Posts
I found my best leather lead from eliteK9. I've ordered a number of products from the company and have had good results with all of them. This lead is hands down my favorite. I use the 6' lead for walks at home, and a 5' lead for my work dog while we're working. In fact, I like it so much that I just bought two extras of the 5' when they had them on sale.....I just can't imagine finding one I like more.

Here's the link:

http://www.elitek9.com/Leads/index.htm#leather

It's the obedience/agitation lead. LD-L2 through LD-L6.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
The Amish-made leather leashes from Leerburg are my choice.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Moriah leashes are amazing... I still have leashes from over 10 years ago that I use on a daily basis.... Great quality

http://www.leatherleashes.com/

·
Registered
19,451 Posts
Originally Posted By: JenM66www.bridgeportequipment.com
Thanks for sharing this link! I visited all the sites in this thread yesterday, and went with this company b/c they had the best prices for the things I wanted. I got a short leather lead, leather tab, leather slip collar, and a short coupler (which I'll use to connect the slip to her harness that she wears for therapy work and training in crowds). I ordered these things yesterday and to my surprise, my package arrived just now! That's even having gone through sorting in our mailroom here at work. Wow, I get to use my new supplies at Schutzhund tonight!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I got a nice 6 ft. leather leash from Tractor Supply.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Originally Posted By: KCandMaceI can't help you with those. I am partial to the ones from fordogtrainers.com
Me too! The quality is amazing for the price! I was very pleased and will be ordering more leashes soon.

Cherri

1 - 10 of 10 Posts