German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My issues with Willow's coat got me thinking that this could be a fun thread.
What are your favorites - shampoos? Conditioners? Finishing Sprays? Etc.

·
Registered
321 Posts
We only bathe the dogs a few times a year at most - usually when they've been into something particularly stinky. When we do bathe them, however, I love Crazy Dog's Baby Dog shampoo. I think it's a shampoo/conditioner in one - gets them really clean, but doesn't dry 'em out. They look fluffy and shiny and smell terrific!

·
Registered
31,574 Posts
A local groomer sells an emu oil shampoo with no detergents or soaps. It's great and helps her skin too.

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
I don't do baths frequently either,,I do alot of 'blowing out" but when they do get a bath, it's usually my groomer friend who does them LOL...She tends to use aloe based shampoos on them, and I usually finish them off with Mink Oil...

·
Super Moderator
32,304 Posts
I like Earthbath too. We usually use Mango Tango at the self service dog washing place that we go to at our regular park. I recently bought some of the spritz in Vanilla & Almond scent, which came in handy when they got really muddy during a mid-week after work romp at the park near our house. We hosed them off, rubbed them down with towels, and then spritzed them all over to take care of the odor.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I recently got a FURminator kit for my birthday. I think it will be of great use with my cats, they shead more then my Shepherds (they get fish oil), but I deiced to try out the shampoo and conditioner on the dogs last night.

Nothing to special about the shampoo, but with the conditioner I thought my dogs were going to go Bald!!!!!! Piles of loose hair were falling out, not to mention the conditioner also smells really nice. After they finally dried, more loose hair would fall off. Then we brushed

Piles of hair later, today Libby and Dexter coats are so shinny and radiant, they smell awesome. Libby's coat almost feels like velvet, even Dex's coat feels soft. This is at least my new favorite!

For the smelly in between bath times, I really like Groomax's Spa freshing spray, Baby powder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts