German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday we have said goodbye to our family pet/family member Rex von Deltahaus. I am grateful that he was part of our lives for 12.5 years. I brought him into the house when he was 8 weeks old back in June 2003 and have carried his body out of the house yesterday.

Didn't anticipate this to hurt this bad. Thinking about him and the times we had together is very hard not to cry. I am attaching a picture from his prime years when he was about 4 years old. Due to his allergies he was put on prednisone about 5 years ago, and I am truly thankful that he made it this far.

Over the last couple of months he had a hard time going outside down the stairs and since this Sunday he wasn't able to get up at all. We had to make a touch decision and have called a mobile vet to come to the house to put him to sleep. As they were administering the drug, I was kissing the top of his head the whole time. Rest in peace my friend. Love you forever.

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss, he was a beautiful boy

·
Registered
10,174 Posts
What a gorgeous strong looking dog. I know how hard this hurts. It makes me cry, just thinking about it. You both are lucky to have been together for this long.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
So very sorry, it's heartbreaking when we lose one. It's obvious that Rex had a wonderful life, knew he was well-loved and then got to go to sleep peacefully in your arms for the last time. As long as you remember him and keep him in your heart, Rex will never truly die. Run free, precious boy.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Rex was a very handsome boy! Cherish the memories.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sorry for your loss.
12.5 is a long time, but nowhere near long enough.:(

·
Premium Member
11,244 Posts
So sorry for your loss.....12 seems to be the age where you have to know you are going to have to let them go :( :( :(

They are never with us long enough....

Lee

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Iam so sorry for your loss. Rex was a very handsome boy . It is obvious he was greatly loved. Run free Rex run free.
Maggi

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. He reminds me of my last shepherd. I tell stories to my kids of all my pets that I lost so their names will always be remembered.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts