German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog is going to be a year in March. We did a board and train at the breeders for 13 days when we traveled at christmas time. I dropped her off on 12/21 and picked her up on 1/3. She went into her first heat at some point during that time period, breeder speculated it was around 12/29 but honestly it could have been sooner. Totally possible she was exposed to male dogs at the breeders since they board and train a lot of dogs, so I have no idea if she made contact with any males but I do remember the trainer saying there was a male dog she liked to play with. Once I brought her home she had no exposure to intact males.

She is now displaying signs of pregnancy: swollen/discolored nipples, more tired than normal, and this morning she seemed to have morning sickness - vomiting but nothing came up, and I don't think she ate anything that would have upset her stomach.

I did some reading on false pregnancy and know thats a possibility but being that she was possibly exposed to male dogs during a heat I have to consider possibility of real pregnancy. How long do false pregnancies last and do they usually display this many symptoms?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts