German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hiking in the smoky mountains, by a waterfall, and a friend throw a tennis ball over ice right into the waterfall (IDIOT). Koda(10 month old shepherd) being ball crazy races over the ice to get the ball and falls through where the waterfall was crashing. She could not get up again because the ice was to thin and kept breaking. At this point, im taking of my shoes to rescue her but my boyfriend beats me to it, and jumps in after her. She was so tired from keeping her head up, she was resting it on the ice, it was heartbreaking. At one point I thought my boyfriend was going to give up because it was so cold! Luckly she was saved! And totally unaware she almost died, just waging her tail and went to bring a stick to play with! Im very lucky my boyfriend was there to help her or she would not have made it. I wonder if we had an older shepherd present if it would rescue her. Just warning anyone who goes hiking around river and lakes, beware of thin ice, dogs can also get trapped underneath the ice which would be very hard to save

here are some pictures of the hero, falls and koda :)

[/IMG]

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Who should be rewarding her wonderful big strong boyfriend tonight!

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Oh how scary! Glad everyone is ok, give your friend a smack on the head!!!

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
BIG FAT JUICY STEAKS for everyone...........except the friend.........and make them pay for the steaks and cook them for you.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Glad everyone is ok!! How scary and props to your amazing boyfriend. Gorgeous dog by the way!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was an honest mistake, I really don't blame him, just learned from the situation. We did try calling Koda back, but she was too far out.
Everyone gets steaks ! :)

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Your boyfriend sounds like a keeper! :thumbup::hugs:

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
OMG!!!! So happy all turned out well. Your BF is a saint!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My boyfriend is definitely a saint and a hero. Dunno what we would do without him.
oh I taught his dog (border collie/pit) to climb a tree today, Ill put the video up asap!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts