German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
V Falk Berkelau

Any information on Falk Berkelau? He was born in 1988 so I know this is a long shot... but speculation based on any dogs closely or directly related to him are equally appreciated. He seems to be the common denominator between many of the dogs I've liked, but of course only shows up in the 3rd or 4th generation so I'm a little lost.

Progeny list: Progeny list for V Falk Berkelau

1st and 2nd Gen Progeny in pictures: Pictures of progenies for V Falk Berkelau

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Falk was a great dog for producing strong working dogs that could work in real world situation. Great source of genetics for Leo/military dogs as well as sport and family dogs. Good source of strong active aggression along with good nerves. A dog I love seeing in a pedigree with the right complements.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Falk was a great dog for producing strong working dogs that could work in real world situation. Great source of genetics for Leo/military dogs as well as sport and family dogs. Good source of strong active aggression along with good nerves. A dog I love seeing in a pedigree with the right complements.
Immensely appreciated, thanks Cliff!! Always value your thoughts so I will keep this in mind.

You can also take a look here:

Falk Berkelau - working-dog.eu

You can find several things there, e.g. an extended family tree, progeny, siblings etc.
Thanks for the tip! I do have an account on working-dog.eu, it's a really great source of information. I only linked to the PDB because (like you said) you have to be registered to see the details, and not everyone is.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What a profile pic!
LOL! If you're referring to mine... I had a thread just for my dog's Crazy Faces. It was too funny not to make my profile picture :D

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
This agrees with what I've seen. I think, he also produced very good conformation, in general--high withers and short, strong backs.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This agrees with what I've seen. I think, he also produced very good conformation, in general--high withers and short, strong backs.
Huge thanks for chiming in, really appreciate your experience and opinion, Christine! I keep seeing him show up behind the dogs I like, but his structure did also catch my eye. I think that was why he was so easy for me to recognize and remember.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts