German Shepherds Forum banner

201 - 209 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Wow, hang in there!
That sounds utterly miserable!

I think sleeping with you is nice, it might actually help her to heal faster if she gets deeper rest. :)
I don't think it's a biggie in the long run.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Wow, hang in there!
That sounds utterly miserable!

I think sleeping with you is nice, it might actually help her to heal faster if she gets deeper rest. :)
I don't think it's a biggie in the long run.
I agree, her physical and mental needs right now (and yours,too) are paramount, and whatever it takes, it takes. Eventually I'm sure you will be able to wean her off when she feels better and more settled back at home. Tell DH it's all part of being a doggie dad-- he likely already knows all that, LOL.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I have always had a pothos in my house. They are mildly toxic. I let the dogs chew on it on purpose. It causes numbness and mild swelling of tongue. It also tastes awful. Not a single pup has ever chewed it more then once, and they never touch other plants afterwards. Call it tough love.
You did nothing wrong and I am happy to hear your baby is doing better.
You're mean...in a good way LOL! Nothing like letting a dog decide for themselves to really learn something!

·
Banned
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
No update to report. She’s still clingy, whiny, and has zero energy. It’s excepted though, the vet did walk me through what she would be like for the first one-two weeks. Still won’t lap slurry, so still tube feeding. She’s still sleeping in my bed with me, but shhhh, don’t tell DH! Lol

·
Banned
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
@Jchrest how is Serian doing? Has she been able to have her feeding tube removed?
Tube was removed this morning. She’s still weak, can’t have her around the other dogs, but she’s so happy to be home and eating again. She attacked the slurry like she’d never be tasting food again. Two feeding tubes by 6 months, I just feel horrible. She’s taking it much better than I am! DH busted her in my bed. He just shook his head and tried to hide the smile, but I caught him. Lol. She still has one more week of meds, one of which makes her drowsy, so maybe she will perk up when meds are done. Still have our appt with the GI, and were able to get in with the cardiologist in the same practice. Vet says her heart sounds perfect, but I won’t rest easy until I get her double checked. I have a few pics of her cuddled up with me in bed, but the walls are black, comforter is black, and she is black, so it looks like I have half a beard, you can’t see her at all! Lol

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Thank you for the update. Serian will perk up. She is a tough little nugget. Fighter for sure. I think she's earned the privilege of sleeping in the bed. I think it might be doing you some good having her there too.

·
Banned
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
Having furniture moved around, and Floki got in with Seiran. She wasn’t too happy about it. He went straight for DH and stole her spot. But she’s on the mend! Didn’t want to play with Floki at all, but I get it, she has very low energy still. Just thought I’d share a pic!

Attachments

201 - 209 of 209 Posts