German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
The only real 'pit bull' is the APBT, their bite is no stronger than a normal dog, they are not overly powerful animals.. that is media hype. Before you try to defend them, you need to get EDUCATED. I have time and a real passion for the breed, PM me with any questions you have.

Many people mislabel other breeds as 'pit bulls', so much so that 'pit bull' is now being used for any dog that even looks bully... 'pit bull' itself is NOT a breed, but the shortened name of the APBT..

Watch these to get started on the very basics..

(I realize that I call the dogs in this video "pit bulls", even though most are mutts and mix bull breeds, but the general public doesn't know any better so I just tried to educate them a little at a time)

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
APBTlove,

When I get home I will watch these, but I ( with out looking at the video's ) am more worried now then before.. If they dont have the Pitbull name to go after, then they might as well sum it up as any large breed..
They will. I have heard stories of pure bred labs being taken because they looked pit bull enough... They will go for any dog they don't understand or have heard bad things about.

And I meant it, PM me a huge list of questions and I will go through and answer every one of them as best I can.

When they ban "pit bulls" they usually add a list of breeds under 'pit bull', like AMerican Staff, APBT, SBT, American Bulldog ect.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Also, bite force varies with the dog.. And generally the size of the dog.

Yeah, the guys in this video are ignorant...

Here is an APBT (mix?) of a friend's, she's probably -40 pounds at the most and is the general size of an APBT, I can pick her up under one arm...

And my average GSD... at about 85 pounds.

And pit bull dogs were never, ever breed for guard work. It's a rare APBT who will actually guard it's home... Most will bark, then go into a fit of wiggling and happiness at a stranger coming in and then help them carry your things out! lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts