German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im not sure if my lab has actual allergies. but she itched her eyes on science diets and on BB. im not sure if she should see a vet?

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
two different foods and itchy eyes.... have a vet check it out. It could be something like dry eye that would need drops. I read somewhere that when a dog starts losing their vision, they start getting itchy at the eyes. Not sure how true that it but you never know. I would get it checked out. You never know whats going on in there. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Not trying to be funny or anything... but how does a dog itch its eyes?

Is she pawing at her muzzle? How do you know it's her eyes?

·
Registered
475 Posts
We had a rotti once that had itchy eyes, he would lose all the fur/hair around his eyes as well. One of the vets suggested that his eye lashes turned in and should be plucked out, they were going to knock him out for it because they thought he would bite them. He let me do it. It didn't help. I think it was just the season (spring was always worse).

Keep us posted if you work out whats going on.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
he uses her dew claws and rolls aroung on the floor, or se will walk by the couch and rub her eyes on it as she walks. or she wants me to itch them. when i touch her eyes she makes this grunting sound like "ooohhhhh yeaaahhh" ill take her to a vet about it..

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have her on BB wilderness chicken. I think it has some whole grains in it.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
My Golden used to get itchy eyes a lot, she had seasonal allergies. Bianca does too sometimes and she has food allergies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts