German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,161 Posts
Tuke and to have much better eyesight then me!What little guy?

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look slightly above center on a line between the ear tips. There is a rattle snake tucked into the rocks.

·
Super Moderator
6,161 Posts
Eek!I'm glad Tuke kept his distance!We have Massasauga rattlers here but they are reclusive and very seldom bite.The dogs and I have only seen two in the eighteen years we've lived here.My pups gave them a wide berth also.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Scary

I've circled the area for those like me that took forever to spot it.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,429 Posts
Yikes! It is good Tuke saw that it could of got him as he jumped that wall. The only snakes we have around here are garden snakes and one lives in the backyard.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I thought it was at the top right corner of the rock that is above the snake you can see what looks like the head of a snake back in the dark shadow of the hole

·
Registered
7,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
We see both bull and rattle snakes off and on. This is shaping up to be an “on” year. This pic may be the same snake pictured above. It was very close to the same spot and I’m not sure how territorial they are. Their home range is about a sq mi and they’re also said to be somewhat social as far as snakes go so who knows. It/they was not aggressive, in fact none of my more recent encounters with them has been.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts