German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. I have a 10 week old German Shepard pup, and he seems to have green/grey light eyes. All his other sibilings colored have returned to brown similar to their parents eyes, dad has hazel eyes and mom has dark brown eyes. Would there be a chance he can keep that color of eyes?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
At 10 weeks it is likely they will not change.

The AKC breed standard: Eyes of medium size, almond shaped, set a little obliquely and not protruding. The color is as dark as possible.

UKC breed standard: EYES The eyes are as dark as possible, of medium size, almond-shaped, and set slightly obliquely. Expression is alert, calm, and intelligent. Eye rims are dark. Fault: Protruding eyes.

FCI: THE EYES are of medium size, almond-shaped, slightly slanted and not protruding. The colour of the eyes should be as dark as possible.Light, piercing eyes are undesirable since they impair the dog’s impression.

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
Max’s eyes at 8 weeks they were much lighter then they are now and gradually darkened -now dark brown. When the light hits then look reddish brown. Luna’s eye color dark medium and always the same the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
457 Posts
Max’s eyes at 8 weeks they were much lighter then they are now and gradually darkened -now dark brown. When the light hits then look reddish brown. Luna’s eye color dark medium and always the same the same.
Whoa! Max's eyes are eerie! What beautiful eyes.

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
Thank you! The dark eyes sees to have a reddish hue when light hits them. Otherwise they can easily blend into his dark face. They do remind me of certain rock/gem. I can’t think of the name.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Thank you! The dark eyes sees to have a reddish hue when light hits them. Otherwise they can easily blend into his dark face. They do remind me of certain rock/gem. I can’t think of the name.
Goldstone. It looks like goldstone or garnet. Any way, I'm off topic and their pretty. I hope Kias's eyes get that color, but they probably won't.

·
Registered
534 Posts
If they do anything, they'll get darker. My guess is he'll end up with hazel eyes given how they're still grayish and that possibility is already part of his genetics.

·
Registered
208 Posts
They will probably turn brown, he is still quite young. I've seen the blue hue until 12 weeks often enough.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I imagine you’re going to end up with a light amber colour for his eyes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts