German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5 month old German Shepherd that I rescued. She was super skinny when I got her and it was hard to get her to eat at first. When she first got here all she wanted to do was lay on the couch. I thought she was just scared and would come out of it. I have had her 3 weeks now and during the day she will not move from the couch. During the day all she does is lay there she will not go outside, eat, or play. At night however, she wants to play with me, eat and go outside. What is wrong?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Sounds like she has a night schedule, just start putting her in the crate at night, and ignore her. How much are you at home during the day?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am home all day everyday. I try to keep her up during the day so that she will sleep at night but when i make her get up she acts so scared. And when i make her go outside she just goes and hides.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
It can take a long time to get a shy or abused dog to come around. I'm speaking from experience. After I took in Sweep, she was terrified of people, including me. It took months for her to decide I was safe. I've had her for years now and with me she has become incredibly loving and vocal-a new development. She talks a lot now, making woofing/growly noises and demanding pets. It was worth the wait.

Jelpy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts