German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So recently I took in a family of mice. The mom was a feeder mouse, extremely pregnant, and I didn't want any snake people getting an 8-for-1 special. I'm in this store a lot getting cat food, they know me, so the nice staff there just let me have her.

She had 7 babies, but unfortunately only 4 made it. I've got a good potential home for 2 of them (the two in the videos), so I've been spending extra time with them. They have a dog (very well trained Dalmatian), so I figured I'd work with getting the babies used to being around a large predator ;)

Of COURSE I'm not going to recommend that they let their pup play with the mice... but I figured it would be nice if the babies were at least socialized to the presence of a dog, so they wouldn't be so stressed when they go to their new home.

Anyway, videos:

PS- Mulder is reliable around small animals and I trust him enough to put him in this situation. THAT being said, I was in control if this interaction and had my eye on him and the babies at all times. Not something I would recommend people try with their small furries.

He did get a little curious about the one in the ball... though I think that was more about the ball than the mouse :silly:

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He was interested in them, but handled himself nicely!

The advantages of moderate prey drive :wub:

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
awwww good boy:) Masi would have mouthed and goobered them all up:)) My aussie, ahh she would have ate him in a sec:(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts