German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find this extremely cute, but no one else in the house does lol. Whenever she wakes up from a nap it’s the exact same as when we come home from a long day, her tail starts going, and her ears go back and everyone gets a mass of kisses. It’s annoying enough during the day to have this big German Shepherd out of the blue maul you with love… but she does it in the middle of the night as well!

It will be 3 or 4AM and she will wake up, you know she is up because all of the sudden the whole bed with start to shake with her tail, you will hear a yawn and then…. Chaos! She will jump on us, keep in mind that we have three cats and another dog that all sleep with us. Each one of us will just have to get kisses and a big furry paw in the face as she steps on everyone to get to the next person. This normally causes my boyfriend to start yelling, the cats will start hissing and swatting and out other dog will start snarling and bearing his teeth. Even as all 6 of us are yelling and screaming at her she is still as happy as can be, tail wagging, giving out a mass of 1000 mile an hour kisses. Of course I think its hilarious, even at 4AM which I don’t think helps since she gets so happy that im happy it makes it even worse lol.

Anyone else’s dog acts as excited as you just got home from a long day after they wake from sleep? She does it a few times a day, my happy girl lol.

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Call me old fashioned but anyone who allows their dogs on the furniture deserves whatever they get. I don't intend that as mean as it sounds.

Having said that: My dog wakes up happy at about 2 a.m. (next to our bed) and makes the rounds from one side to the other for reveille. She gets taken out to pee and put in her crate in the (enclosed) breezeway for the rest of the night(without complaining). Not sure if it's because she wants to pee or if she wants to go in the crate ... but suspect it is simply her schedule/routine.

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
That is a cute story. My husband would get mad too at being woke up at 4 in the morning with love.
I assume you are only referring to the dog.
:D

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Call me old fashioned but anyone who allows their dogs on the furniture deserves whatever they get. I don't intend that as mean as it sounds.
I agree with you now! I have had many dogs, all who have slept on my bed and never had a problem. I have been lucky that once my dogs went to sleep, they were down for the night.

I think its brought Navah and I closer though. The excitement only lasts about 1min and then ill grab her, lay her down and rub her ears and chest, she will rest her head on my chest, look up at me all cute like and we will fall asleep like that. I just find it so cute that I really don’t mind the harassment, it’s worth it for the super cuddles =).

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
haha! I can just picture it!

Panzer is always very affectionate when he wakes up too, but fortunately for us, he sleeps all night long. :)

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
I would think it was funny too, but knowing how these dogs are I think I'd start ignoring or discouraging the behaviour...unless you won't mind being woken up in the middle of the night f-o-r-e-v-e-r !!

If there's one thing I've learned about the breed it's that once they get it in their head that something happens at a particular time...it better happen or they'll keep hounding you until it does.:)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think its really adorable, lol she just did it again. I am sitting at the computer, its been quiet all day and then all the sudden I hear stomp stomp stomp of her paws and the bang crash bang of her tail on the walls as she runs around the house looking for someone to be happy with. I find it so cute I guess because ive never had such a happy dog before, all my Shepherds have been happy, but never so obnoxiously lol.

We don’t encourage it in anyway. As we did with her bad jumping habit we turn our backs to her until she sits and then she gets attention. In the night I do tell her no and make her lay with me and when she’s quiet she gets her ear and chest massages. Even though we don’t encourage it in the slightest I hope it doesn’t go away. It’s kind of nice that she’s SO happy to see me even if it was because she just woke up lol.

·
Registered
32,553 Posts
That is too funny! I was just thinking that this morning. Jax wakes up like "oohhhh, I haven't seen you all night long! I closed my eyes and you were gone! and I've MISSED you!! Rub my belly. Rub my belly! Here let me kiss you from your collar bone to your nose!"

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Lol... That's so cute. I don't know about 4 Am cute. My dog wakes me at 2-5 am to go to the RR. I take him out in my pjs. I'm glad you have a happy pup!!! Good luck though you might get a pup that does the same as my Otto but, I don't mind. Just make sure you get warm cute pjs. :)

·
Registered
475 Posts
To to cute. :)

Thank goodness Shadow sleeps threw the night, but when she gets up in the morning and comes looking for me she is just like you described, so so happy. It's kinda like "yay we survived another night, we are all still here, yay".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts