German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Stoli had a quick vet appt today for a check up; OK so Stoli has white coat syndrome I think mostly because as a puppy he had a bad experience and has never been a huge fan of them since. He doesn't do much just is definately ready to leave the second we get in there...so we get there today and he's startin his whole "oh yep it's still here let's go mom" act but follows me into the room to see the vet and then I leave the room while they check him out (he apparently behaves like an angel when he doesn't see me around...weird how that works out lol)
So I go talk to their awesome receptionist with the personality of a muddy stick (sarcasm fyi) who asks me if Stoli is a therapy dog. I tell her not yet we're working on obedience first and that therapy dog is our main goal late on. Her response "oh ya I didn't think he would be a therapy dog"....
OK how this lady has decided to tell and determine what my dog can or cannot be is beyond me apparently she's an "expert" or somehting. Anywhere we go whether it's the groomers, my work, camp bow wow etc Stoli always gets tons of praise of how calm he is and is such a lover but i guess this lady knows better since she works in a vets office...:rolleyes:
Altho ironic the vet comes out with Stoli and the first thing she says "Stoli did awesome he's such a lover and gives tons of kisses"...HA u stupid old receptionist eat your heart out!:D
Rant over hehehe

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
It's amazing what people will come out with- I recently took Stosh to a new groomer and they have a little statue of a dog peeing on a fire hydrant in the waiting room. It startled Stosh and he barked at it-once- which I thought was kind of cute and funny so I laughed and petted him on the head. The guy who was behind the counter told me I was reinforcing bad behavior by doing that, comes around and picks up the statue and holds it out for Stosh to sniff. First of all Stosh earned a CGC at 5 mos, he's passed two advanced obedience courses and now we're in herding lessons-- so I'm fairly familiar with training and Stosh wasn't exhibiting bad behavior. Geez, people...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts