German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32,005 Posts
I've never heard of them. Are you looking for show lines?
Here is a previous thread about them.

You might also look at Beth Dillenbeck in Clarks Summit.
I do know her and her dogs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I'll check out Clarks Summit as well. I was hoping to get more recent feedback about Capriole Farm since it's been awhile since that was posted.

I've never heard of them. Are you looking for show lines?
Here is a previous thread about them.

You might also look at Beth Dillenbeck in Clarks Summit.
I do know her and her dogs.

·
Registered
32,005 Posts
Sorry. I don't remember any recent threads about them and just found that one in a google search. But I don't follow show lines. Are you looking for a competition dog? Show dog? or family pet?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We're looking for a family pet. We currently have a 6 yr old American show shepherd from TrippHill out of Austin (attaching an image here because we're so proud of him!). We've had experience with both show lines and working lines and love them both. Primarily, we're interested in finding a breeder with a good track record of long term dog health and good temperament, preferably within a 3ish hour drive of DC.

·
Registered
32,005 Posts
I'll be going to Hollow Hills for a GSD girl at some point... I like their dogs a lot. Nice balance. Reputable breeder.
I love River. But I named her so I might be biased. Not sure when Beth might breed her.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Has anyone here had recent experience with Capriole Farm out of Pennsylvania?
I spoke with them quite a lot; she was friendly enough, but I'm not sure why their pups start at 4000 dollars? And retired five or six year old breeding dogs starting at 2000? There are good breeders in the area (Lindel Shepherds, Hollow Hills, just to name two) with more feedback, faster response, and better pricing. I talked with them at length about several dogs, and in the end I simply decided they were asking too much and a lot of their answers were kinda odd.

I spoke to several people who reviewed them and had their dogs and they all had glowing things to say. I didn't see any major red flags but I also didn't go out and visit them.

No personal issues with them, it just wasn't a good fit for me, something just didn't line up and I can't put my finger on it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Basically in my search of the eastern PA area I narrowed it down to "if you want American showline, go Lindel. If you want German showline, go Hollow Hills."

I know Lindel has two litters now but they're both spoken for entirely I believe.

Last I checked Hollow Hills had two litters with one spoken for entirely and one that had a few reservations left.

Both were comparable prices roughly, had lots of positive feedback, certs, etc.

I'm not saying these are the only two good ones in the area by any means. I'm just saying check them both out.

·
Registered
32,005 Posts
I know Beth at Hollow Hills personally. Highly recommend her. She also has American lines. Always good to contact her. She may have older pups that aren't advertised.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Basically in my search of the eastern PA area I narrowed it down to "if you want American showline, go Lindel. If you want German showline, go Hollow Hills."

I know Lindel has two litters now but they're both spoken for entirely I believe.

Last I checked Hollow Hills had two litters with one spoken for entirely and one that had a few reservations left.

Both were comparable prices roughly, had lots of positive feedback, certs, etc.

I'm not saying these are the only two good ones in the area by any means. I'm just saying check them both out.
Thanks for all the advice! I'll check them out

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone here had recent experience with Capriole Farm out of Pennsylvania?

I know Brenda personally and she guarantees the hips and elbows of her dogs for two years—you can read the conditions. When my female developed hip dysplasia she offered me a new puppy in my choice of litter. Her runs are clean and her dogs have nice, balanced temperaments. They are WGSL dogs.
She has also welcomes any questions I had about training, offered sound advice on vaccines. She’s worth the money.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have been by there several times now. I cannot under any circumstances recommend a dog from them. PM me if you’d like to know more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts