German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this was Ammo's 1st 4th of July celebration. He has always seemed ok with noises, but I was very worried about how he would act with fireworks. We live 2 blocks from where they are set off in our town, so it's very loud here.

I decided to take him out in the back yard with us so he could watch with the kids. I put an agitation harness and lead on him so if he freaked out I would have some control. We also have an 18 month old so this would be her 1st year to enjoy them.

I was watching my daughter's reaction to them and I would glance at Ammo from time to time. By the time the fireworks really got going I noticed Ammo had laid down and WENT TO SLEEP! I couldn't believe it. I figured he would react at least a little to all the noise but he never even flinched. So proud of him!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Yay! Good boy Ammo!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Ammo's train of thought-

Kid safe, you safe and not acting weird except staring at the sky. Meh, I'll take a quick snooze. Hope I get a treat.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
That is fantastic. Fireworks are so much more enjoyable when your fourlegged family members could care less and nap.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Great news!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts