German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I think I used to belong to this group many years ago (if this forum has been around that long) Back in 1998 I was a single mom with 3 kids and went to a great breeder here in Washington State where my 10 year old fell in love with Jach. We brought him home at 11 weeks old and he was just the love love love of our life. :wub:
He had the very best temperment, put up with toddlers and dramatic pre-teen girls and wild teenage boys. Only barked when a strange person was at the door and herded many of our neighborhood kids on our culdi-sac.

He was my first GSD and I never had one bit of trouble from him (as I get weepy) In 2006 when my oldest son (the one who was 10) came home from college Jach's stomach twisted quickly and he passed away that night at the emergency vet. I had to literally scrape my 6'0 18 year old off of the floor that night and my heart and mind hasn't healed of his passing.

I now am wonderfully married with 3 young adults/adult children and a 3 year old :wild:. We have gone back to the breeder of our beloved Jach and our puppies were born March 6th! We will pick the first of the 4 males in a few weeks and I am soooooooo excited I can barely stand it.

I have studied, studied, studied and I don't think I can be more ready. I look forward to sharing pictures and gleening from you all in the coming months and years!!

Will update my signature with some background on my puppy soon!

·
Registered
31,893 Posts
Welcome back.

The worst thing about this breed is how devastating it is when we lose them.

How exciting to get a new pup though.

·
Registered
10,375 Posts
OMG, you are starting all over again with kids. Congratulations though en how exciting to get a new pup. Yeah, what is it that gets us so crazy in love with GSDs? I have always viewed my dogs, non GSDs, as animals and although it was sad to lose them I cannot even imagine the heartache I will feel at the time WD will pass. Thank heavens he is only one year old.

·
Registered
219 Posts
A wonderful story. They really are part of the family and give us so much joy. Its so hard to lose them, especially for children who have grown up with them, its like loosing a sibling. I wish you all the best with your new puppy, and hope your family enjoys him as much as they did your first. Good luck and welcome back!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Congratulations on the new pup!! And I'm always so sad to read people's experiences with losing their dogs.

I do feel the need to say that I was a Lab lover first. I bred and raised labs for years and my current shepherd is the first I have ever had. I do love him with everything in me, but not any more so than my lab, so I don't think it's just the breed. And just over a year ago I had to euthanize my 13 year old jack russell and that was the hardest thing I've ever done. So I think it's safe to say that, I at least, love all my breeds equally.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts