German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

So I know I have been pretty nonactive these past couple months (not posting, but always reading and learning!:) ), but I finally have something exciting to update everyone on. Last fall, I got in touch with Jim Hill (von Wyndmoor kennels) and have been emailing him back and forth. I also went to a trial in the fall, which was a great experience! This past Saturday I drove out to finally meet Jim and his dogs in person. He has two litters coming up, and I will be on the waiting list for the first due.:happyboogie: Puppies are due March 10th and I couldn't be more excited!:wub: Its been quite the process, but I'm ever thankful to all of you for your advice that pointed me in the right direction. Once the puppies actually arrive and I know which will be mine I will probably start a diary or journal of sorts to keep everyone updated :D

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Congrats!! Jim is an awesome person to work with!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! We got along great, and I also found out that his wife and I share a love for all things aquatic :blush: He made sure that I met not only the mother of the litter (father was not on site), the grandfather, grandmother, and brother and half sister to the mother. They were all wonderful dogs. He also had a couple clients with their dogs there and I got to watch him do some training as well. All in all a great experience :D

·
Registered
30,390 Posts
Excellent choice! Can you PM me the pedigree? Love Jim and Barb. The best people ever!

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Fantastic choice! Post lots of photos of the new little one :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jax, I don't have enough posts for a private message :blush: so I'll just put it on here. It might help if anyone else is curious ;)

Mother is Nixi von Wyndmoor

More pictures here: Nixi von Wyndmoor

Father of the father (I didn't the name of the sire, he is not on location, I'll have to email him and ask for it :blush: ): Zwack vom Holzwinkel

More pictures here: Zwack vom Holzwinkel

And don't worry, there will be an obnoxious amount of pictures :wub:

·
Registered
30,390 Posts
Zwack is a great dog. He, with Jim, were my dummy dog for my BH. I just can't say enough good about Jim and Barb.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you JRC and Kayos and Havoc! I'm very excited!

Jax: Its great hearing about all the good things you have to say, it further solidifies that I am making the best choice. Zwack was great, and not to mention absolutely gorgeous. Its always nice knowing of people who have had great experiences with both the breeder and their dogs :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update

So the pups turned three weeks old on Saturday, no pictures yet but they are working getting some for me :wub: I reserved a male and sent in my deposit. It is the D litter, so the registered name is presenting a bit of a challenge. So far Draco is my top pick (I'm a huge Harry Potter fan). Other ones that have been thought of were Dax, Dante, Drogo, and Denver. Anyone else have any suggestions?:help:

·
Super Moderator
6,287 Posts
Dax would have been my only suggestion. I absolutely love that name!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you Coleen! Driscoll so unique, I like it!

I like Dax as well Fodder, its short and easy.

Dartigan was also mentioned with the call name being Dart. So many choices, good thing I have a couple weeks to decide!:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts