German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi My 1 year old GSD has what we call "excitement poops".

I take him to walk in the woods/creek almost every day. And he will almost always have 2-3 poops there. First one is solid/normal. The second and third are basically small squirts. We are usually walking for 60-90 minutes. He never does this at home. So if I just take him out at home all day everything is normal. It's only when we go out and he is excited and running around. This isn't too much of any issue in the woods but we do want to take him into peoples homes more. Thanks.

I'm wondering if this is a GS thing or if there could be a supplement that helps?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I don't know if it's any digestive issue, but. my senior dog (who is otherwise healthy/normal) definitely has these!
For example, we'll be passing a New Dog, one he has never seen before...if it turns back and stares, or jumps around and barks at him, sometimes he'll suddenly go poop! Or, launching out on a new trail, someplace he's never been, he'll suddenly pull over to the side and let out a poop. There is definitely some kind of emotional component there. (He only has One though).

Yea, I can see how that would make you nervous in somebody's home.
My dog can be interrupted if you give him a tug on the leash and say "Not Here!"**. Maybe if you keep the leash on and keep an eagle eye on him...

**not in the middle of somebody's manicured flower garden, for example.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Meh, all my dogs have done that. Movement spurs the bowels to move. I don't think it's a problem.

Reactions: jarn

·
Registered
217 Posts
Max was so predictable in that area, stick a lead on him walk 100yrds and he'd dump. Zac will be out for an hour or more then dump as soon as he's back in the garden. He pees first thing in the field at the front but then for the rest of the day it only in the garden. Which reminds me to start a thread for advice (y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts