German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have had my puppy for twelve days now, he is 9 1/2weeks old. Im wondering if its normal for a puppy to pee when excited? I have a couple friends who come over with their puppy and sometimes without, but either way he gets excited and pees. I thought it was because of the dog, but they were here n another friend he was meeting for the first time stopped by, and he started peeing when he pet him. I also spotted him peeing while seemingly calm walking in the yard today, so i dont know if its excited peeing or maybe a weak bladder? Is this normal? Is there something i can do to help? Will it pass as he matures? Any input is appreciated. Thanks :)

·
Super Moderator
32,370 Posts
Very normal, nothing to worry about. He should grow out of it within a few months. What we used to do is put the puppy outside before people arrived, and them bring them outside for greetings so the peeing happened outdoors rather than in the house. Once puppy was emptied out, we could all go inside.

If he seems to be piddling a lot while just walking around the yard you might want to have him checked for a urinary tract infection. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts