German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Natural Pet Products has announced it is voluntarily recalling four of its most popular brands of dry dog food due to possible contamination with Salmonella. Affected products include EVO, Innova, California Natural and HealthWise. For more information, please visit the link below. And be sure to share the news of this event with other dog owners, too. EVO, Innova, California Natural and HealthWise Dog Food Recall

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
this totally figures too. I just bought another bag of Innova cat food today, came home and got on FB and there this was. UGH!

·
Registered
855 Posts
I just bought two of the 6.6 lb. bags of the Turkey & Chicken cat food about a week ago ... I normally buy the 15.4 lb bag since it feeds four cats and two ferrets, but that size was sold out. Isn't it just my luck that instead of keeping the bags, as I normally do, I dumped them both into the almost empty 15.4 lb. bag that I had and threw the empty 6.6 lb bags in the trash. So far all the cats and the ferrets seem fine, so I guess I won't worry too much about it.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Makes me so mad, I just switched my dog to Innova Prime Salmon and Herring, the expiration 1/8/14 and and my lot# 3008A70082 should I be concerned?

Direct link >>>

http://www.innovapet.com/voluntary_recall/Natura%20-%20Affected%20Products.pdf
Well, the bag you have falls outside of the range given, as far as expiration date goes, for effected products so it should be fine. Even if it was among the batches recalled, assuming your pet is healthy and not very young or very old, the product is still probably perfectly safe to feed. The larger concern is cross contamination to you or other humans in the household from touching the food then touching other surfaces, human foods, etc. before thoroughly washing your hands.

·
Banned
1,011 Posts
I for one really saw this coming and I doubt if it's their last recall. About 6 months after P & G bought them out, Tony couldn't eat their food without big poo problems. I am sure they now, get their ingredients from the very lowest cheapest suppliers they can find. By buying from, low, cost cutting suppliers, usually de-grades the end product. Buying Dog food for Tony is all about the trust I have in the company that makes the food and in my opinion p&g can not be trusted.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Aww, I just saw this! I'm sorry, I created a duplicate thread. :(

I bought 2 bags a few days ago and one of them was listed in the recall. My dogs aren't sick though, and neither am I. But that bag is going back for sure!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Sorry for double posting, but I couldn't edit my post anymore.

So this is my first experience having a recalled product. At first I thought I should just take it back to the store, but the website says to call them.

Then I can't take it back to the store I bought them for a replacement? I bought my bag at Petsmart.
What happens when I call the phone listed, do they send a coupon, refund or what?

Please excuse my ignorance, it's just that this had never happened to me before.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
we pulled all the product recalled off the shelf. If a person wants a refund, they get it. If the person wants to exchange for another product/brand, they get it , no questions asked.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Thanks! The next day I took the bag to Petsmart and they gave me a refund. They said the company wanted them to return even the products that were not listed, just as precaution, so there were no Innova bags there.

I don't know, but to me that sounds like it was the responsible thing to do. I don't think I would stop feeding them Innova just because of this recall. I will try other kinds of food, yes, but I still think they're good.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
If I had that stuff Id transfer most of the bag to a container and return whats left for the refund. Dogs arent susceptible to salmonella IMO. My girl eats raw chicken and has it all over her feet, face,fur etc.

·
Registered
798 Posts
They have expanded the recall to all their products: http://www.naturapet.com/recall
Updated information: April 19, 2013

Dear Natura Family,

On March 18, 2013, we informed you of a voluntary recall on select Natura products.
Out of an abundance of caution, we are extending our recall to include all Natura dry dog, cat and ferret food and treats that have expiration dates on or before March 24, 2014. We are sorry for the disruption, but we simply want to ensure that every product meets our highest quality standards.
Natura canned products and Mother Nature biscuits are not affected. (see Treats table below for further detail).
Please read below for more information about the recalled products and how to replace your pet food if it is included.
Your pet’s health and safety are our #1 priority. We are taking all actions necessary to ensure that our products meet both your expectations and ours. Our Fremont plant has been focused on quality enhancements and is now shipping new product to stores that will be on shelves soon.
As fellow pet owners feeding Natura products, we share your disappointment and again, we are very sorry. For additional inquiries, contact us at Contact Us for Organic Dog Food, Healthy Cat Food and Other Pet Food Topics ? Natura Pet Products or (800) 224-6123.
Sincerely,
Employees of Natura Pet Products

Question: I still have a little left of a bag that hadn't been recalled earlier, but right now it has. Should that one be returned too? Do they even accept it there's only little of it left in the bag?

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
I think I'm just going to keep what we've got for the cats and just remember to wash our hands more thoroughly after refilling the dish.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Earthborn Holistic Formula anyone?

So Innova Prime Grain Free Salmon and Herring formula was the only food I had found that didn't have at least one thing Raina was allergic to. After searching the shelves of our local pet food store I found Earthborn Holistic formula and bought the salmon, herring, whitefish formula. Does anyone have any experience with this brand. It is new to me but the only one I found so far that doesn't have any of her allergy triggers in it. I won't buy Innova anymore even after the recall, the same way I dropped TOTW after their recall when I lost Pyrate but I'm worried as I don't know anything about this new brand I'm trying out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts