German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finn had a huge accomplishment today!

We went for our daily walk when we met up with a neighbor and her dog. I don't mind the neighbor, but I do not like her dog...at all. She lets the dog do whatever it wants and it's not well socialized. She feels that dogs will "just work it out" when they don't like one another. I generally keep Finn away from her as their first meeting did not go well at all; Finn for whatever reason just didn't take to the dog and was extremely uncomfortable.

I walked past the pair as calm as I could. The two began to walk with us, the neighbor talking to me. I wasn't sure how the two were going to interract.

You would've thought the other dog just wasn't there. Finn completely ignored her. The dog came up and sniffed his butt and the most he did was turn and watch her. The two were able to walk nearly side by side and they were able to take turns leading the "pack". He remained loose leash the entire time and you would've thought they were at least friendly with one another.

We ended the walk on a high note; the two dogs sitting about two feet apart while we made plans to meet up again tomorrow for another walk. The neighbor commented that her dog had never walked so well on a leash until we walked together. I thought that was pretty cool!

I love it when Finn acts awesome!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Just out of curiosity how did the first meeting go?

Walking in the same direction, separate, and then slowly getting closer is often times the best way to introduce two dogs on neutral territory.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts