German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used this product? It looks like something that could keep Kaylee busy once in a while (she destroys bully sticks in under an hour) but I'm hoping someone can tell me their experience. Are the treats long-lasting, and does the little blue holder stand up to gsd jaws?

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Obie had one for two months and it was his crate toy everyday and he loved it (I didn't use their treat. I just stuffed food into the ball myself). He used to carry the ball around from room and room and would work on it whenever he just want to settle down and chill. The toy held up very well.

And then Dottie came along and ate half the ball in one. day. But then again she is part Jack Russell so ...

·
2,967 Posts
My dogs like them, but all of them can now pop the puck. It takes about 10 minutes for them to work it out and then they just eat the puck.

When Cade was little he could work on it for hours...but now at 8 months he too can pop the puck out.

As far as the toy itself...we have had a couple different ones. All have been pretty indestrucable except the fire hydrant. Anka tore that one up.

We have a friend who uses these as well. Her male GSD pops the puck and eats it, her female Malinois will work on it for hours with just her front teeth. I guess it depends on your dogs chewing behavior?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
The one I had I needed the kind of treats that they make especially for it and my dogs could get that treat thing out of the ball in a matter of seconds. It was also not the kind that I could just put some other treats in like the Kong. I took mine back to the store for a refund.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all, think I'll skip this toy and just keep freezing broth into Kongs. Our little monster is very good at figuring out how to remove food from things, so she'd probably be the pop-out-the-puck sort.

·
Registered
5,893 Posts
We use to use those, my dogs always got the treat out so we stopped bothering to put the treat in.

Now we've got that ball thing that has to be rolled around for the food to come out, it's a fun way to give a meal sometimes.
Isa actually picked it out herself.
At a dog show we always look at venders and she saw this ball with food in it, she tipped it over and food came out, she picked it up and layed down with it knocking food out. Bought one for Cody too.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Originally Posted By: ZissoThe one I had I needed the kind of treats that they make especially for it and my dogs could get that treat thing out of the ball in a matter of seconds. It was also not the kind that I could just put some other treats in like the Kong. I took mine back to the store for a refund.

You can still jam treats into this one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts