German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kodee sleeps in my room. My carpet is cream colored, and we've never had a problem. He's always a good boy, and I always make sure he has something of his own to chew on at night if he gets bored. He's gnawed on the chicken flavored Everlasting treats (in the ball) before, with no problem. Yesterday I bought the liver flavored treats, and let him have the ball with that last night. He worked on it for a long time while I read in bed. Before I turned off the light, I looked and *
* - there are reddish brown stains all over the cream carpet! Yikes!

So I just tried steam cleaning them out with my Hoover Steam Vac, which normally works great. But it doesn't look like it's done hardly anything to get the stains out of the carpet! My DH is gonna kill me - this carpet is like 2 mos old...totally my fault - Kodee didn't do anything wrong.

So - does anyone know of a good way to removed stains from floors? I'm gonna go over them one more time with the steam vac in a while - I'm hoping that if I let the carpet sit damp w/the cleaning stuff on it for a while, maybe when I re-do it it'll come out more. But I need suggestions....PLEASE!

·
Super Moderator
32,028 Posts
Re: Everlasting treat ball stains/cream carpetl he

Try a spot cleaner like Resolve. Spray it good and let it sit for awhile. I have a little steam cleaner too, and it's good, but pretreating stains first works better than just using it by itself.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Cassidy's Mom-

I pretreated with the Steam Cleaner solution full strength and let it sit for almost 20 minutes before I steam cleaned. I just re-cleaned with the steam vac, and it looks a little better, but still can see the spots. I'll keep doing this unless someone else has ideas. I do have some Resolve - I'll try that later if the steam vac doesn't finish the job. At least I have some hope now...

Any more suggestions?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I use Tuff Stuff, it's a foaming de-greaser in a yellow canister. It works on EVERYTHING- I used it to take out an ink stain from my carpet that had been there for 6 months (thanks Mully for chewing my pen up). You can find it in the automotive department of your grocery store. Good Luck!

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
You can also try grease lighting. It has take old oil stains out of the upholstery and carpet in my son's car.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I've used the "kids 'n pets" stain getter-outer stuff; I use it on spots, then steam clean. We have cream colored carpet in the living room....and DH has given the dogs RIB BONES
......it has gotten out those stains very nicely.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here is a suggestion from "Haley's cleaning Hints".
Apply foaming shaving cream. Rub it well with a sponge and then rinse the area off with clean water. Let it dry overnight..
For more stubborn blood stains, dab the area with little hydrogen peroxide. Make sure to rinse off immediately with cold water.
Oh, if you do use your DH's shaving cream, don't forget to tell him to pick a new one on his way home. Otherwise, he will be mad at a runined carpet and no shaving cream in the morning.
Best of luck.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all! I had to go to the store today, and I found Spot Shot @ Target. I just used it and - voila! The stains are gone! I was getting worried - I was starting to think they were permanent. Thank you, thank you, thank you! (And Kodee thanks you too, b/c he and I were probably both in danger of being banned from the bedroom...LOL!)

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks - I don't think the stains went into the padding, b/c they were just coloring/slobber from the gnawed on everlasting treat - not urine or anything. But I know I will be using Spot Shot next time I have any stains on the carpet

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
oxy works really well too. it even took tar out of our wool carpets.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts