German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for messing up ! :mad:

Showed in rally on Sun. & ding dong me messed up, not the dogs & cost me 10 points for each dog ! I still Q'd with both dogs & Shadow earned his RN title, but both could have placed. My scores in the 80's could have been in the 90's............ :cry:

Bad thing is, it was the easy, easy, so easy, sign I did the wrong way !
In excellent, Storm did the 3 steps back........... WOO HOO ! :D This is with only 1 wk of learning. I was worried about that one.

Nice we Q'd, but still so bummed ** I ** messed up ! :(

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
Was it fun anyways???

congratulations on our legs/title.

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
It happens. I have done it too. Maybe if we taught the dogs to read they could just do it without us!

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe if we taught the dogs to read they could just do it without us!
Hey, now that's an idea ! ;)

Sue, Yes I did have fun considering it was pouring rain all day. :)
Was very happy we Q'd in excellent, we haven't messed with the 3 steps back thingy much, was worried about that sign, & there it was. I was so hoping for a down honor & TG it was ! Big boy Storm has a hard time in a sit, always going to a down.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Yeah, 2 weeks ago Balto and I were trialing for RAE legs. On the last run, it was going perfectly, it may have been a 100 run, then, the last sign. I totally messed up and IP'd. So, a 90 is still good. I was so afraid that I NQ'd and wasted the day.

Last weekend was Balto's turn to mess up. So, we're even now. ;)

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, gee, I wonder if you were at the same Columbus trial I was at with Balto, (who decided that the rain meant he didn't have to pay any attention to me).
Columbus All Breed ???? It was May 1 & 2. I only entered Sun. It was raining all day !

I always spot GSDs in a heartbeat at shows & normally end up talking to them at one point or another. I didn't see any BGSD there though if Balto is your BGSD in your avatar ? :)

Refresh my brain how you get a RAE again ? Also wondered this since it was the first time in RE........... when you honor & return to your dog, should you walk around the dog or can you just return to their side ? I seen people doing both ways. :confused:

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Carole,
After I posted I seen your sign & seen Balto is a Belgian Laekenois ! Do you have a photo of him ? I always look for GSDs at shows................ :rolleyes:

·
Registered
594 Posts
My first time in Rally Novice with Echo (who was 15 months old) we managed to provide the comic relief...In this ring all of the signs were propped up on little miniature orange traffic cones. As we executed the left about turn, I turned left and when I looked down to see that Echo had come around into position as she normally does, I discovered that I had NO DOG AT MY SIDE. I glanced back to find Echo standing in front of the exercise sign, which was now laying on the floor, as she squeezed, mouthed, and vigorously shook the cone trying to get it to squeek like a toy. There were gasps from the onlookers, followed by dead silence. What's a gal to do? I couldn't help but smile and laugh. We went back and retried three times (olden days rules!) before Echo managed to complete the exercise without going after the cone. Ah well. If we're not having fun, why bother, right?

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My first time in Rally Novice with Echo (who was 15 months old) we managed to provide the comic relief...In this ring all of the signs were propped up on little miniature orange traffic cones. As we executed the left about turn, I turned left and when I looked down to see that Echo had come around into position as she normally does, I discovered that I had NO DOG AT MY SIDE. I glanced back to find Echo standing in front of the exercise sign, which was now laying on the floor, as she squeezed, mouthed, and vigorously shook the cone trying to get it to squeek like a toy. There were gasps from the onlookers, followed by dead silence. What's a gal to do? I couldn't help but smile and laugh. We went back and retried three times (olden days rules!) before Echo managed to complete the exercise without going after the cone. Ah well. If we're not having fun, why bother, right?

OMG.............. too funny ! :laugh: I know not for you at the time, but I would have laughed if I was watching. It's about fun with our dogs, but when I'm out in the rally ring or agility ring, sure don't want to do bad or look bad............ :blush:

Oh well...............life sure does go on & there's always another show. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts