German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had 2 cruise through the backyard. One gray & was a male as he marked a tree & another following along was him was a albino (light blonde in color like a Lab). Was cool looking & I have never seen anything albino in the wild.

Didn't get pics........

Let Storm out after they passed & he went to that tree (same tree he keeps going to & peeing on) sniffed, tracked their trails, peed many times, & held his head back in the air barking at the woods. Wonder if he was telling them, *My yard* ????

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
my first guess would be that it's a CoyDog.

though a couple websites do say that they can be a blonde color

http://www.ct.gov/DEP/cwp/view.asp?A=2723&Q=325992

A typical coyote resembles a small, lanky German shepherd, but several characteristics distinguish it from a dog. Coyotes tend to be more slender and have wide, pointed ears; a long, tapered muzzle; yellow eyes; slender legs; small feet; and a straight, bushy tail which is carried low to the ground. The pelage (fur) is usually a grizzled-gray color with a cream-colored or white underside, but coloration is variable with individuals having blonde, reddish, and charcoal coat colors. Coat color does not vary between the sexes. Most coyotes have dark hairs over the back and a black-tipped tail, which has a black spot near its base covering a distinctive scent gland. However, not all coyotes have the black markings.

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
There was an all white one in my neighbors yard 2 years ago brady went off
thought it was a dirty white GSD to be honest with you

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
We had one just behind our yard the other morning. DH noticed it when he let the dogs out, they barked, it scampered off. Guess it's coyote season!

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well at first I wasn't sure if they were foxes or coyotes.......

I seen one a few yrs ago & came closer to the house, was big & as big as our female GSD. These 2 wren't as big, but not small as a fox if a fox is the size of a cat.

The tails were short & about half way down the rear legs & bushy. Has the same face as a fox IMO.

I know we have a nice size pack as in the Winter you hear them howl, cry, & gathering. Only hear this in the winter months when real cold & always wondered about this. In the summer, I hear only the fox cries.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts