German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received an order from bullysticks.com and they included a free sample of Olewo- dried, pelleted carrots. You mix them with warm water to reconstitute them and add to the dog's meal. There's a list of all the wonderful benefits of carrots. Has anyone heard of or tried this?

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great! Thanks for the input, we'll give them a try. Stosh loves pumpkin and sweet potatoes so he'll probably like these. Nice little sample- probably enough for 4 or 5 servings

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
I use powdered dried carrots (organic) in my supplement

You can dehydrate your own carrots. Take a fine rasp and grate the carrot -- spread out on a screen like a fruit leather -- put into dehydrator , or on screen with protection from flies in full sun .

To get best benefits you should rehydrate , whether the supplements, your own , or Olewo so that the enzymes get activated for digestion . Add a bit of oil to the liquid you are using to rehydrate and then you get the benefit of Vitamin A also.

Olewo is a good product .

Carmen

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
They have beet-based products, too. If the carrots deepen the red in the coat, I wonder what the beet products would do.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
I use the beets also.
I don't see any additional "reddening" in their coats....*tan is tan, red is red*...BUT...I do see a healthier feel and look to the coat.
I have seen the difference on and off the Olewo & Beets.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Robin, thanks. I might give these a try to see if Shasta will eat them. On her list of "things that are good to eat," vegetables rank lower than her own poop. :eek:

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
My female has a huge difference in her red. She was a tan dog before. Now people don't recognize her when on the carrots. Big difference. Hogan's red was already deep but becomes very dark. I have a light colored sable girl. The carrots give her a deeper red and makes her pigment richer. The red sable female gets even darker also.

I feed it daily usually. Might miss a day here or there.

Haven't tried the beets.

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
I don't know exactly all the differences. I don't want to mess with the bulk of fresh carrots this would mean in the kitchen. Dehydrated very easy to store and feed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts