German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And does it work? I'm at least half-serious.

Puppy watches tv. She especially likes Animal Planet, but will watch a whole episode of Buffy sometimes. It probably helps that we have a big tv, but I've never had a dog that watched so attentively. They always just tuned them out. She'll do the sit up and head tilt thing, breaking only for commercials. I've never seen anything like it.

So tonight I was watching one of Sydney and Peeper's videos on Youtube, and pups came over to the laptop and watched for a couple of minutes before losing interest. I suspect the picture was too small.

With horses it isn't unheard of to put them where they can see other horses being worked, especially young or unhandled horses. They don't just learn the "hey humans are okay" thing, sometimes they learn behaviors much more quickly after watching the other horses doing it.

So.....ever tried it? Did it work?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Very cute, Dexter will bark at the tv/computer sometimes when he hears a dog bark/wine/growl, He likes to watch Americas next greatest dog with us (He wont learn much from some of those dogs tho)
Libby would bark at a Doorbell sound on a Christmas commercial (i think it was old navy or something) that came on like every ten mins last year.
My cat Sassy, when we were watching an animal show about loins and other wild cats she got so interested she would meow and jump at the loins on the tv i have a picture somewhere, of her jumping at the screen, should post it was very cute.

I don't think any of them learned anything from it but its cute to watch their reactions. They make these cat-sitter and dog-sitter movies that your suppose to leave on while your away so your pets can be entertained i never used them, my Cats-only cat vet has a bunch of cats running around and they leave the cat sitter movie on all day sitting in the waiting room i saw a few cats kinda watching it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts