German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to take Ranger and the kids for a walk. It'd been raining all day but had turned sunny so figured we'd be ok. Ranger was doing great walking....both kids were content in the double stroller. Then we got to the furthest point that we walk from my house.....and rain started pouring! We got drenched despite me speed walking/jogging all the way home....all while pushing 65lbs worth of kids up the hills in our neighborhood. But Ranger was a trooper and kept up great and was very well behaved. We all got soaked, luckily not thunder just rain...and my little boy had a blast....he loves getting wet!

We also had a dog encounter (before it started raining). This dog came barreling out of someone's garage at as. I stopped, had Ranger sit....and he did :)........and just waited for the guy to come get his dog. The owner was outside and started yelling at the dog as soon as it took off.....it scared me at first....he was yelling like he was panicked like the dog might rip my leg off or something....but the dog never barked or looked threatening. Ranger barked some but never got up from where I told him to sit. The owner apologized and we went on our way.

I also had Ranger stop and sit every time a car went by...and he did beautifully
We have back roads and no sidewalks....and the road slopes to the sides....so pushing a double stroller on the very edge of the road is impossible without it trying to flip over. Its easier just to stop and let the cars pass....only 3 went by so no biggie. But Ranger was so good despite all the events.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Sounds like you had your hands full! Good job to Ranger for behaving so well

1 - 3 of 3 Posts